I can't believe my baby is a year old! It really blows my mind! We planned on having a family party in Stuttgart for Owen's birthday at my parents house. Around 5 pm on Friday my dad gave us a big scare! He passed out on in his chair for 15 seconds or so, 911 was called, and he was taken out to the Stuttgart hospital. Long story short, he had an electrical problem with his heart so he got to take a helicopter ride to the Baptist Cardiac Critical Care Unit to have a pacemaker put in. As his cardiologist said he was a "pain in the butt" and had to go back in for a second surgery to have his pacemaker moved a bit almost immediately after his first surgery. Needless to say we were all very worried! He stayed in the CCU for 3 nights and finally got to go home on Monday. Words cannot express how thankful I am that he is recovering well and will be back out on the golf course in no time! I can safely say I will NEVER forget Owen's first birthday!
So we had a little party on Sunday at Uncle Todd and Aunt Chanda's new house, which is beautiful and has a very nice pool in the backyard! We had a short but sweet party which was good for a cranky birthday boy! I couldn't have made it through the weekend without the help of Tudi and Papa (and Matthew). Thank you so much for taking care of Owen and feeding us at the hospital all weekend. I am so grateful for your help. I was reminded me of my blessings and remember how important it is to not take one single minute for granted! Here are a few pics from the party (I was not a very good picture taker but I was just a little sleep deprived by this point!)
Oh Jayna, he has gotten so big. I can hardly believe what I am seeing. I LOVE his shirt by the way! SO cute! I can't wait to see you guys this weekend and love one my adorable godson. Love you guys
ReplyDeleteSweet boy! Owen is so cute!
ReplyDeleteHow scary about your dad. I'm glad everything is okay, though, and he is feeling better.
Happy Birthday, Owen! Your Louisville friends think you are absolutely precious!