Monday, January 4, 2010

Owen's Baptism

Owen was baptized on December 13. It was a wonderful day and we felt so blessed being surrounded by our families and friends. Thank you to all for making the day so special. The baptism was performed in between the two morning masses at St. Joseph's so it was a very sweet, intimate ceremony. Deacon Baldwin did such a great job and we are forever grateful to him. Owen was baptized in the same gown that Matthew's dad (Abu) was baptized in and several other family members were baptized in as well. A special thanks to Grandmother Weber for lending this special heirloom to us!



I also want to say thank you to Owen's Godfather, Chris Fitz. He was Matthew's sponsor during our confirmation classes and we grew very close to he and his wife, Mary Ann, who was my sponsor. They have two wonderful boys who I know will teach Owen all the ropes one day!



This day was also so special because I had one of my very best friends beside me. Sarah lost her sweet baby girl Mamie two days after Owen was born. We went through our pregnancies together and we both feel like Owen and Mamie share a very special connection. God carried Sarah through the ceremony that day and I know her sweet angel was watching over her and her husband, Taylor. I have learned so much from Sarah and admire her for making it through each day with an amazing amount of faith. She is an example to all and I am so blessed to have her in my life and am so honored to call her Owen's Godmother. Thank you Sarah and I love you!



Owen with his Godparents





























The entire family! Owen is blessed to have so many people that love him. We missed my sisters, nieces, and nephews who weren't able to be there. We love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Just catching up on the blog Jayna. I am so bad. Love the picture :) I am so glad Taylor and I were able to be there. What an honor to stand there with you guys on such a special day. Missing Owen so much. Hope to see you guys soon

    ReplyDelete